Dinosaur Mural in Boys Bedroom – Video
Experience what if feels like to walk into a room painted with a dinosaur wall mural.
Thinking about decorating a boys bedroom with dinosaur room decor?
Have a mural painted to match your dinosaur accessories.
Here’s how it works…
What client asked me and desired:
- We want a dinosaur mural.
- We have dinosaur bedding and a jeep bed and want the mural to look good with that.
- The room is really small so should we just paint on one wall? What is the best layout to open up the room?
- My son has favorite dinosaurs and we want some of them big. Not too many because the room is small.
- How do we proceed?
I suggested we meet in person with her son present because her 5-year-old has strong preferences when it comes to dinosaurs!
- I brought my dinosaur reference items with me and we met in her son’s bedroom. He picked out his 4 favorite dinosaurs.
- We rearranged the furniture for the best functionality of the room.
It’s amazing how turning one piece of furniture can really make a difference in the amount of space available in a room!
- We looked at the available wall space and her son’s favorite dinosaurs and got our master plan mapped out. We decided some volcanoes erupting, a watering hole, some palm trees, and grasses would look great in the background.
On paint day, I had my client and her son be present while I sketched out the main dinosaurs. He wanted them specific sizes so I thought he would like to be there. Once the sketch was on the wall my clients left for the day…and I got busy painting!
This video shows the mural in progress and the finished mural!
- Notice how adding palm trees in the corners is a nice touch.
- Mirrored closets reflect the mural and make the small room feel much larger.
- I got the best layout for the mural and made sure the furniture was functional first so it would not cover up anything important.
- Clouds were used as filler to make the whole room feel like an environment.
- Volcanoes and layered palm trees add a feeling of depth without overwhelming the room.
It turned out really cool.
See more Dinosaur Wall Murals